2010/09/09

Interview With Darcia Arndt

July 7, 2010 – 8:53 pm
Recently I met with Darcia Arndt, widow of Master Corporal Raymond Arndt. What she said when I left her home was so true; “we had a lovely visit!” We got together so that we could choose a photo of her husband for me to paint and to talk about him so that I could know more about the man whose portrait I would be working on. I found there was not enough time for us to talk and share all the wonderful stories and events, and look at all the beautiful photos of her and her husband’s lives during the few years they shared together. There never is enough time!
I must thank Darcia for making me feel so comfortable in her home, for all her time, and for her being so open and sharing during our four hour visit! I got to know more about Raymond, and I am looking forward to painting the man behind the uniform.
For Susan, Cindy and me, all of these family interviews so far have been ones of great positive support of our project, and are both a true honour and a sad delight to experience.
Shairl

No comments:

Post a Comment