2009/07/16

Still Life -Commemorative Painting

Work on our soldier portraits carries on and in the meantime we've taken photographs of of some of the gear that the soldiers carry. The photos will be used for a number of commemorative paintings that we'll be doing, a few of which will be still life. One of the first steps in preparing to do a still life is to set up the objects you plan to paint. Ordinarily I like to paint directly from life whenever possible but since the equipment had to be returned the next day the only opportunity to paint it would be from photos. I took many pictures of the gear in different positions and will choose the ones that I like best, eventually one or more of them will become a painting.



When I started to set up the first items my cat Spike came along to supervise. An hour or so later Pete my nosy, little mutt had to investigate too.



- Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment