2009/06/15

Composition Issues



Susan - Every now and then a painter has a painting that just isn't working for one reason or another, and this one is problematic for me. There are some things that work well - I like the soldiers marching into the distance on the right and I like the main soldier and the way he fades into the soldiers marching.
The problem is the 'bloom' of faces behind him. There's some glare on the photo, but still you can see how the faces look like a flower growing out behind the main soldier's head.
It doesn't matter how excellent our skills are, or how long we've been painting, we still occasionally create paintings like this one that I've had great challenges with and may eventually have to put in the scrap file if a really great idea doesn't arise quickly.
So, if you have any ideas, feel free to comment. In the meantime, wish me luck with this one and I'll either post the end result, or let you know if it hits the scrap heap and I start again.




No comments:

Post a Comment