2009/06/12

Portrait in Progress-Corporal Cole Bartsch


Corporal Cole Bartsch
Initial Drawing in Oil, 14 x 18


We are working on commemorative paintings and the portraits. Each of us has a slightly different approach to a painting but I always begin by drawing my subject in oil directly on the canvas. I prefer to do my drawing in one session but it doesn't always work that way. Once I feel the drawing is accurate I begin blocking in the colour. I'll post the block in as soon as I get a chance to get back to the easel but for today I have an illustration job to do.

This project has many aspects to it besides the portraits and there's much to plan. Meanwhile the regular work of our businesses and families carry on as though there were no project. A living must be made and my commissions and illustration assignments continue to roll in which makes for a jam packed schedule, but am I complaining? Not a chance, I couldn't be luckier and I know Susan and Shairl feel the same way.

-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment